I launched a fitness initiative this summer, resulting in inches and pounds lost, but not without hard work and dedication. And so, to acknowledge and document that strife, I’m telling you, kind reader, about it in a blog post.
At the outset, my fitness goals were to:
- Reduce percentage body fat
- Lose 1.9lbs/week, totaling 20.2lbs (goal weight 150)
- Lose 2” from my waist & hips
- Improve general fitness/endurance/recovery
I tracked my nutrition as RolyPolyPanda on www.myfitnesspal.com and hired a personal trainer at the UW-Green Bay Kress Events Center, Lexie Weber, for 11 weeks this summer, meeting every three weeks (2 weeks between sessions 4 and 5).
I’m still working on the weight loss goal, but I achieved what I hoped in all other areas including:
- a decrease of 2.5 in percentage body fat
- 10.5lbs of weightloss
- BMI Decreased 1.8 (out of obesity range)
- Lost inches: hips -4″, waist -1″, arm -1.3″
- Improved flexibility, can now reach 5cm further
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4||Session 5|
|% Body Fat||38.0%||37.9%||36.0%||36.8%||35.5%|
I’d like to thank my friends, especially Bridget Bishop, for providing support and inspiration. The encouragement from friends meant so much to my success, lending motivation and strength when belief in myself and what I was hoping to achieve wavered. Thank you!